We are pleased to announce that the Department of Science and Technology – Technology Application and Promotion Institute (DOST-TAPI) has a call for a proposal entitled “TECHNOLOGY INNOVATION FOR COMMERCIALIZATION (TECHNICOM)”
Call Description: The Technology Innovation for Commercialization Program (TECHNiCOM) aims to fast-track the transfer, utilization, and commercialization of R&D outputs to contribute to the country’s sustainable development thru relevant technological platforms.
Through TECHNiCOM, we provide technopreneurs with an easily accessible multimillion pre-commercialization grant and linkage to DOST-TAPI’s technology and innovation support programs.
Priority Areas: The Program shall provide priority funding to pre-commercialization activities of projects aligned to national S&T priorities and project proposal’s strategic relevance to national development, based on the priority areas of the DOST’s Harmonized National R&D Agenda (HNRDA) for 2017-2022 . These areas are the following:
Agriculture, Aquatic, and Natural Resources
- Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Drug discovery and development
- Functional Food
- Hospital equipment and biomedical devices
- Information and communication technology for health
- Nutrition and food quality and safety
- Disaster risk reduction
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Omic technologies for health (platform technology across research priorities)
*NOTE: For drug discovery and development proposals, to be qualified under the Program and to ensure safety and effectiveness, the technology must be at TRL 7 (completed at least Phase II trials). For medical devices, the technology must be at TRL 6.
Industry, Energy, and Emerging Technology
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Countryside development
- Competitive industries
- Delivery of social services
- Intelligent transportation solutions
- Renewable energy and energy storage solutions
- Materials science
- Human security
Who can apply:
The following may apply for the Program, provided that (1) their previous R&D was not funded, managed, nor monitored by any of the DOST Sectoral Councils or other DOST GIA Programs1, and (2) that they secure and present a favorable endorsement from a DOST Regional Office:
- Research and Development Institutions (RDIs);
- State Universities and Colleges (SUCs);
- Private Higher Education Institutions (HEIs); and
- Startup companies/firms, provided additionally that they secure and present an endorsement from the appropriate DOST Sectoral Council.
Closing date: 2nd Wave of Call for Proposals | 31 August 2022 | 5 PM
For more information regarding submission click this link: http://tapi.dost.gov.ph/call-for-proposals/technicom