The Research Grants Administration Office (RGAO) was envisioned to be a central research office that will streamline the research funding process for UP Manila and its component units. The idea was essay writing introduced by the University of the Philippines Medical Alumni Society in America (UPMASA) Research Committee in December 2005 and was formally established through the Administrative Order RLA 07-018 on January 15, 2007. It was presented to the Board of Regents (BOR) in August 15, 2007 and was approved on the 1223rd Meeting of the Board of Regents in August 22, 2007.
Goals and Objectives
- To rationalize the processing of grants and financial support for research in UP Manila; and
- To promote UP Manila as a national and international research collaborating center.
- To assist investigators in preparing the necessary documents required in applying for grans/funds;
- To assist investigators in complying with the requirements of the sponsor or organizations/institutions;
- To serve as the central office that will facilitate and administer research grants, receive funds from sponsor organizations/institutions, request for release of funds to the investigators, conduct internal audit and ensure the proper conduct and subsequent termination of completed projects; and
- To serve as the liaison and coordinating office between UP Manila and national and international research agencies, particularly with regard to financial matters.
The Restructured RGAO
The Research Grants Administration Office (RGAO) was restructured last 15 September 2015 in order to keep up with the continuously changing landscape of health research. The new RGAO optimizes its strategic position in the research infrastructure of the University to serve as the central research administration support office.
RGAO is divided into three (3) units: