The University of the Philippines Manila Research Ethics Board (UPMREB) was created on September 27, 2010 to integrate all existing ethics committees in UP Manila under a single research ethics board with component review panels, and guided by a unified set of standard operating procedures (SOPs). This initiative was intended to streamline and harmonize the process of ethics review, maximize the utilization of human and institutional resources, and provide a supportive and enabling environment for research in the university. Its oversight applies to faculty, personnel, and students doing research in UP Manila; non-UP Manila researchers doing research in UP Manila; and non-UP Manila researchers doing research in non-UP Manila sites with no local ethics review committee (as mandated by the Philippine Health Research Ethics Board).
UPMREB Submission of Protocol
- Request for an iREB account at https://ireb.upm.
edu.ph/account/request. UPMREB will approve the request after One (1) working day so you can access your iREB account.
- Log in to iREB at https://ireb.upm.edu.ph/login, complete the online forms and upload all the required documents in PDF format. Updated versions of UPMREB forms are downloadable at http://reb.
upm.edu.ph/sops-and-forms (see SOP II).
- Wait for UPMREB’s notification before submitting the printed copies. UPMREB will screen your submission. They will notify you through e-mail to either submit the hard copies of your documents or address screening issues.
- Submit four (4) complete sets of printed copies of the required forms and basic documents to UPMREB at Room 126, NIH Bldg., UP Manila.
- The last 2 pages of UPMREB Form 2(B) should bear original signatures.
- UPMREB is accepting submissions for initial review during Mondays and Wednesdays, 9:00AM-12:00NN and 1:00-3:00PM ONLY
You may refer to UPMREB’s website at http://reb.upm.edu.ph/ for detailed information on the submission process, cut-off dates, review status, etc. For inquiries, you may also contact UPMREB at +623 526 4346 or through email@example.com