Publication Award for International/National Peer-reviewed Non-ISI Journal
Purpose: OVCAA Publication Award for original research articles published in reputable, peer-reviewed, national/international journals
Eligibility: Faculty/research faculty (full-time or part-time, with or without tenure) as principal or co-author of original research articles published in reputable, peer-reviewed, national/international journals during the last two (2) years from the publication date
- Duly accomplished application form endorsed by the Department Chair and Dean or by the Institute Director and NIH Executive Director, as applicable
- Copy of the article reflecting UP Manila as the author’s affiliation
- Proof that the journal is peer-reviewed
- For local/national journals, there should be a submission of a document on the peer review process and an example of how the paper submitted was peer-reviewed
- Certificate of Registration of research/study from the Research Grants and Administration Office (RGAO)/Approval of research/study from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR)
- Ethics approval of research protocol from the UP Manila Research Ethics Board (UPM- REB) for research involving human participants (e.g. human data, material, biospecimen) and that are for future publication
Note: There is no limit as to the number of articles per year, subject to the availability of funds.
Award Release: NO checks will be issued as the grant will be directly credited to the grantee’s account. The currency of the award to be given will be in Philippine Peso.
In the case of co-authorship, the award shall be divided as follows:
Primary Author – 50% of the total monetary award
Co-author/s – 50% divided equally among the number of co-authors, local and foreign. Only UP-affiliated authors eligible for the award shall receive it, provided the article is published while they are on active service or before their retirement or resignation from the University.
Application Process for Publication Award:
Step 1: Register your publication with RGAO at http://rgao.upm.edu.ph/registration
Step 2: Email a copy of the journal article to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step 3: RGAO will email the pre-filled application form.
Step 4: Email signed application form in pdf file format.
Step 5: RGAO will forward printed copy to the department for the Department Chair’s endorsement.
Step 6: Department will forward it to the Dean/Executive Director for second endorsement.
Step 7: College Unit will submit it to OVCAA.
Step 8: RGAO will monitor the application and notify applicant once approved.