For what is it given?
Faculty/research faculty whose original research articles have been accepted for publication in Thomson Reuters (formerly ISI) or Scopus-indexed journals requiring payment of publication fee
- Only one (1) Publication Fee will be given to a publication/journal article with multiple authors
- The maximum publication fee given is US$500.
- Duly accomplished application form endorsed by the Department Chair and Dean or by the Institute Director and NIH Executive Director, as applicable
- Acceptance letter for publication from the journal indicating the amount charged for the publication fee
- Proof that the journal is peer-reviewed and/or Thomson Reuters (formerly ISI) or Scopus-indexed
- Copy of the proposed article reflecting UP Manila as the author’s affiliation
- Certificate of Registration of research/study from the Research Grants and Administration Office (RGAO)/Approval of research/study from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR).
- Ethics approval of research protocol from the UP Manila Research Ethics Board (UPM- REB) for research involving human participants (e.g. human data, material, biospecimen) and that are for future publication.
Step 1: Register the original research from which the publication was based with RGAO at http://rgao.upm.edu.ph/registration
Step 2: Email the required attachments at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3: RGAO will email the pre-filled application form
Step 4: Email signed application form in pdf file format
Step 5: RGAO will forward a printed copy to the department for the Department Chair’s endorsement
Step 6: The department will forward it to the Dean/Executive Director for a second endorsement
Step 7: The College Unit will submit it to OVCAA
Step 8: RGAO will monitor the application and notify the applicant once it is approved.
- NO checks will be issued as the grant will be directly credited to the grantee’s account. The currency of funds to be given will be in Philippine Peso.