UP Manila Office of the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Travel Grants for Oral/Poster Presentation
- Oral presentation of research/study outputs in international/national conferences
- Qualified poster presentation at international/national conferences
- Faculty/research faculty (full-time or part-time, with or without tenure) and university researchers who have served UP Manila for at least two (2) years for attendance in international conferences and at least one (1) year for local and foreign conferences held in the Philippines; or
- Clinical faculty and lecturers who have been teaching for the last five (5) years, carrying six (6) units per semester and not appointed as regular faculty because of lack of items.
- Affiliation with UP Manila reflected in the communication, invitation and abstract for presentation
- Faculty is not teaching in other schools/university without Memorandum of Agreement
- If previous recipient of grant, faculty/university researcher has submitted reports and receipts, has submitted for publication/has published paper and has shown proof that they have echoed what was learned to colleagues in the unit/department.
Note: Faculty can avail of grants only once a year for conferences, subject to availability of funds. The grant covers the full or partial amount of the round trip airfare (economy fare with the most economical cost), conference registration fee, and hotel accommodation. The total amount of funding support will vary and depend on the event location.
- Duly accomplished application form endorsed by the Department Chair
and Dean or by the Institute Director and NIH Executive Director, as
- Letter of invitation which indicates the acceptance of paper, all entitlements, and
affiliation with UP Manila
- Certificate of Registration of research/study from the Research Grants and
Administration Office (RGAO)/Approval of research/study from the Office
of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR)
- Ethics approval of research protocol from the UP Manila Research Ethics Board
(UPM- REB) for researches involving human participants (e.g. human data,
material, biospecimen) and that are for future publication.
- Abstract which reflects affiliation with UP Manila
- Poster presentation shall include guidelines/program which comprises other
activities apart from the poster presentation (i.e. presentation during poster
visitation times, mini-presentation with discussion)
- Other source of funds for conferences is strongly encouraged and should be
- A document which reflects the cost of registration
- At least three (3) quotations for airfare and hotel accommodation
- If a previous recipient of the grant, the faculty/university researcher should:
- submit reports and receipts;
- preferably submit an article for publication; and
- preferably show proof that the recipient has echoed what was
learned to colleagues in the unit/department.
Note: It is recommended to submit your application at least one month before the planned activity. The sooner you can submit the application, the more time the staff will have to process the application and disbursement of the grant upon approval.
Step 1: Register your publication with RGAO at http://rgao.upm.edu.ph/registration
Step 2: Email required attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 3: RGAO will email the pre-filled application form
Step 4: Email signed application form in pdf file format
Step 5: RGAO will forward the signed form to the department for the Department Chair’s endorsement
Step 6: Department will forward it to the Dean/Executive Director for second endorsement
Step 7: College Unit will submit it to OVCAA
Step 8: RGAO will monitor the application and notify applicant once approved.
Grant Release: NO checks will be issued as the grant will be directly credited to the grantee’s account. The currency of funds to be given will be in Philippine Peso
Responsibilities after Fund-Grant:
Faculty Member who has received the grant shall have the following responsibilities:
- Submission of report, including receipts, copy of program, abstract as printed in program and copy of poster/powerpoint with name of presentor and title
- Liquidation of expenses, including official receipts
- Publication of paper
- Echo to unit/department