We are pleased to announce the call for proposals from the Department of Science and Technology – Technology Application and Promotion Institute (DOST-TAPI)
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST), through the Technology Application and Promotion Institute (TAPI, implements the Technology Innovation for Commercialization (TECHNiCOM) Program to provide development support to commercially viable innovations. Through financial and technical assistance to the pre-commercialization stage of technology development, the program aims to fast-track the market readiness of innovations for their eventual transfer and commercialization.
The Program shall provide priority funding to pre-commercialization activities of
projects aligned to national S&T priorities and the project proposal’s strategic relevance to
national development, based on the priority areas of the DOST’s Harmonized National
R&D Agenda (HNRDA) for 2017-2022 . These areas are the following:
A. Agriculture, Aquatic, and Natural Resources
- Climate Change Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Drug discovery and development
- Functional Food
- Hospital equipment and biomedical devices
- Information and communication technology for health
- Nutrition and food quality and safety
- Disaster risk reduction
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Omic technologies for health (platform technology across research priorities)
WHO CAN APPLY?
The following may apply for the Program, provided that (1) their previous R&D was not funded, managed, nor monitored by any of the DOST Sectoral Councils or other DOST GIA Programs1, and (2) that they secure and present a favorable endorsement from a DOST Regional Office: 1. Research and Development Institutions (RDIs); 2. State Universities and Colleges (SUCs); 3. Private Higher Education Institutions (HEIs); and 4. Startup companies/firms, provided additionally that they secure and present an endorsement from the appropriate DOST Sectoral Council2.
Opening date: 10 October 2022 | 8 AM (3rd Wave of Call for Proposals)
Closing date: 17 October 2022 | 5 PM (3rd Wave of Call for Proposals)
For further details please download attachment below:
We are pleased to announce that research proposals for funding for the fiscal year 2023 are now being accepted by the Office of the Executive Director, National Institutes of Health. A research grant of up to P500,000.00 each shall be given to deserving research projects to fund personnel services and operating expenses. The proposals shall be evaluated based on relevance and scientific merit subject to appropriate ethical clearance.
The priority areas for research are based on the NUHRA 2017-2022, as follows:
- Responsive health systems: Health governance, health financing, access to essential medical products/vaccines and technologies, health information systems, health service delivery, health human resources, health economics, health research management;
- Research to enhance and extend health lives: adolescent health, communicable diseases, environmental health, maternal, newborn and child health, mental health, non-communicable diseases, nutrition, oral health, reproductive health;
- Holistic approaches to health and wellness: Filipino traditional and complementary medicine, determinants of health, halal in health, health behaviors;
- Health resiliency: accidents and injuries, climate change, disaster risk reduction and health emergencies, emerging and re-emerging diseases, environmental threats to health, occupational health and migration;
- Global competitiveness and innovation in health: diagnostics, drug discovery and development, functional foods, information and communication technologies for health, biomedical products and engineering, OMIC technologies; and
- Research in equity and health: disability, gender, geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas, geriatric case, HIV/AIDS and other STIs, indigenous peoples, substance abuse, violence, other vulnerable populations.
The research proposals from these projects should aim for publication in an ISI or peer-reviewed journal. In addition, proposals from researchers with outstanding obligations related to their previous NIH research projects will not be accepted.
To apply for the grant, kindly comply with the requirements:
- Register your research with the Research Grants Administration Office by completing the online form at http://rgao.upm.edu.ph/registration/ (if not yet registered).
- Send electronic copies (Word and PDF files) of the full proposal (formatted according to the accompanying guideline) with a detailed line item budget (personnel services and maintenance, operating and other expenses only) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Endorsement letter from the unit head, institute director, department chair, or dean of the academic unit.
Please submit your application on or before 15 November 2022.
For inquiry, please coordinate with Ms. Katrina Mañago of the Office of the Deputy Director for Research Operations at Room 109, NIH Bldg., UP Manila or call at 8526-4349 or email email@example.com.