We are pleased to announce that the DOST – Collaborative Research and Development to Leverage Philippine Economy (CRADLE) Program released a call for research proposals.
The Department of Science and Technology (DOST) is implementing the Collaborative Research and Development to Leverage Philippine Economy
(CRADLE) Program as part of its Accelerated R&D Program for Capacity Building of R&D Institutions and Industrial Competitiveness under the Science for Change Program.
Through the CRADLE Program, an industry is expected to identify a problem while its partner Higher Education Institution (HEI) or Research Development Institution (RDI) will undertake the necessary research and development (R&D) to find solutions. A CRADLE project can have a maximum funding of Php 5M, to be completed for a period of one to three years.
Who may apply?1
Any duly recognized HEI/RDI* with a proven track record in R&D in partnership with at least one Filipino-owned company which has been operating for at least 3 years.
*Please note that the academic institution prepares and submits the project proposal while collaborating with the partner company.
What are the requirements for eligibility of the industry partner?
To be an eligible industry partner, the company must:
- Be Filipino-owned
- Be operating in the Philippines for at least 3 years and be able to provide of active compliance with statutory regulations
- Provide at least 20% of the project cost as counterpart funding (in cash, in kind, or person-hours)
- Commit to adopt the output of the research (by signing a technology adoption certificate). Plans for the use of the proposed technology and the mode of technology transfer after the project must be included and clearly discussed in the business plan.
- Show how the research output will be adopted
What types of proposals may be submitted?
All proposals must be in line with the priority R&D areas and industries identified by the DOST and Department of Trade and Industry (DTI), namely:
- Agriculture, Fisheries, and Forestry
- Drug and Herbal Development
- Food and Nutrition
- Information and Communications Technology (includes Artificial Intelligence)
- IC Design
- Semiconductor and Electronics
- Infrastructure and Logistics
- Environment and Climate Change
- Industrial Waste Treatment
- Renewable Energy
- Creative Industries/Knowledge-based Services
What are the application requirements?
- Capsule proposal using the DOST Form No. 1A and 1B (downloadable at www. dost.gov.ph);
- Letter of intent signed by both the HEI/RDI and the industry partner;
- Certification from the industry partner that they will adopt
the R&D output;
- Copy of business permits and licenses of the industry partner
from relevant LGUs and other government offices; and
- Certificate of Registration of Business Name with DTI, SEC,
Other requirements that may be needed:
- Full-blown proposal using DOST Form No. 2A and 2B
(downloadable at the DOST website: www.dost.gov.ph)
- Financial statements in the past three years for the industry
partner duly signed by a CPA/Auditor, and projected financial
statements for the next five years
- Business plan, including details of how the research outputs
from the projects will be used
Submit your proposal, either by post or email, to:
Office of the Undersecretary for Research and Development 2/F ADMATEL Bldg., DOST Compound Gen. Santos Ave., Bicutan, Taguig City Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org