We are pleased to announce that the Office of the Executive Director, National Institutes of Health is now accepting the applications for the UPM Student Researcher Grant for CY 2023. This grant provides funding support for thesis/research of UP Manila undergraduate students, medical students, and masteral students without any scholarship.
A research grant of up to P100,000.00 each shall be given to deserving research projects to subsidize expenses for maintenance and other operating expenses (MOOE) only. The proposals shall be evaluated based on relevance and scientific merit subject to appropriate ethical clearance. The thesis or research adviser should endorse the application and will be responsible for financial disbursements and liquidation of funds. The successful applicants are strongly encouraged to publish their results in reputable peer-reviewed journals and are required to submit their manuscript in a publishable format ready for submission.
Please submit the following requirements on or before 15 March 2023 (Wednesday):
- One (1) printed copy of the full thesis/research proposal
- Electronic copy (Word file) of the full thesis/research proposal
- Endorsement letter signed by the Thesis/Research Adviser, Department Chair and College Dean
- Thesis panel certificate of approval
- Certificate of approval or proof of submission of the research proposal to the appropriate review panel (UPMREB, IACUC, IBBC, etc.). (note : review panel approval is expected within 2 months of the grant approval)
- Registration with RGAO at http://rgao.upm.edu.ph/registration/.
For inquiry, please coordinate with Ms. Katrina Mañago of the Office of the Deputy Director for Research Operations at Room 109, NIH Bldg., UP Manila or call at 8526-4349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.