We are pleased to announce that the Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases is now accepting proposals for the primary and/or secondary prevention of cancer in low- and middle-income countries. Each proposal should:
- Focus on implementation research addressing prevention and/or early diagnosis strategies derived from existing knowledge about effective interventions.
- For screening interventions, the local capacity and accessibility of confirming diagnoses and treatment must be ensured. The health care pathway for referral of positive cases must be included.
- Include a strategy to test the proposed model of intervention and to address the socioeconomic and contextual factors of relevance to the targeted region and community.
- Lead to a better understanding of key barriers and facilitators at local, national and/or international level that affect prevention and/or early diagnosis of cancer.
- Align with the priorities in national/regional cancer control programme, if any.
- Propose a pathway to embed the intervention
into local, regional or national health policy and practice, addressing:
- A strategy to include policy makers and local authorities (possibly by inclusion within the research team), as well as other relevant stakeholders such as community groups, patient groups, formal and informal carers and any other group, where ever relevant from the beginning of the project, which will contribute to the sustainability of the intervention after the end of project.
- Relevance of project outcomes/evidence for scaling up the intervention at local, national and/or international level, including consideration of the social, cultural and economic contexts.
- Include assessments of accessibility, reach, equity and health economic assessments as an integral part of the proposed research
Attached is the Call for Proposals for more information.
The deadline for submission of proposals must be submitted by 16:00 GMT+1 on Thursday, 30th April 2020. You can also visit the link: https://mrc.ukri.org/funding/browse/gacd-prevention-of-cancer/gacd-primary-and-secondary-prevention-of-cancer-funding-call/
Thank you for your continued interest in health research and development.