The Grants Application and Protocol Development Unit (GAPDU) was designed in order to streamline the registration, ethical review and approval process and to increase interagency and international collaborations through professional networks and agreements. This unit has the following functions:
- Facilitate protocol development.
- Identify funding sources and assist the investigators in completing all the documentary requirements for protocol and grant application submissions.
- Negotiate the amount of the final budget with the funding agency.
- Oversee and facilitate the process of research protocol review and approval.
- Oversee and facilitate the processing of research collaboration requirements such as, but not limited to Memorandum of Agreements, Memorandum of Understanding, Clinical Trial Agreement, and Material Transfer Agreement.