We are pleased to announce that the Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development (PCIEERD) has a new call for proposal.
In line with the implementation of the Republic Act (RA) No. 11337, or the Innovative Startup Act of 2019 and the signing of its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR), the Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development (PCIEERD) is announcing the 2022 Call for Proposals for the Startup Grant Fund Program with the theme “Powering Startups to Thrive in the Next Normal”.
The fund assistance being requested should aim to:
• Overcome R&D roadblocks
• Strengthen Intellectual Property
• Establish initial market traction
• Refine business model
• Prepare Business Continuity Plan
Who can apply?
This call for proposal is open to qualified startups especially the startups located in any
of the DOST-supported Technology Business Incubators. The startup is qualified if:
● Legally registered with the DTI or Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) for a minimum of one (1) year to a maximum of five (5) years (as of January 17, 2022) provided that the business model has not been established.
● Have an early-stage prototype or proof of concept for the product or service. Ideas or mere concepts are not allowed.
● Has demonstrated capability to conduct R&D and differentiate research from their regular business operations; provided, that ownership and nationality requirements under the Philippine Constitution and pertinent laws, including RA No. 10055 or the Philippine Technology Transfer Act of 2009, are complied with;
● Has legal personality to issue an Official Receipt for the receipt of grants-in-aid;
The deadline for submission is on February 18, 2022.
For further details you may download this file link or contact the following DOST PCIEERD staff:
Research Information and Technology Transfer Division (RITTD)
Ms. Russell M. Pili – firstname.lastname@example.org
Engr. Edward Paul Apigo – email@example.com