We are pleased to announce that the Newborn Screening Reference Center (NSRC) are now accepting proposals from institutions, groups, consultants, trainees (with faculty co-investigator) on behalf of the NSRC’s Research Grant Initiative for 2020.
The topics of the proposals are:
- Short term and long term outcome studies for patients affected with any of the disorders in the newborn screening panel
- Burden of disease studies of conditions in the newborn screening panel
- Determinants on decisions regarding acceptance of newborn screening among various stakeholders (e.g. parents, physicians, nurses, midwives, etc.)
- Acceptability of the use of residual blood spot specimens remaining after screening for research
- Molecular analysis of metabolic disease cases from 1992-2018
- Molecular analysis of patients diagnosed with endocrine disorders as a result of newborn screening (e.g. congenital adrenal hyperplasia, congenital hypothyroidism)
The second list is open only to NSRC, NSCs and NBS Expert groups:
- Impact of timeliness issues (e.g. specimen collection and transmittal, result availability and transmittal, etc.) on patient diagnosis/confirmation
- Evaluation of cutoff values used for preterm infants
- Disorder mapping by province
- Assessment of Security risks and vulnerability of IT systems
- Assessment of privacy risks and vulnerability of information handing
- Inter- and Intra-laboratory QA
- G6PD deficiency issues (e.g. appropriateness of current strategies, etc.)
- Thalassemia issues (e.g. appropriateness of current screening protocol, evaluation of compliance with protocols, etc.)
Attached is the Call for Proposals for more information.
The deadline for submission of proposals is extended until 31 October 2020. You may contact Ms. Vivian Biala or Ms. Ionee Ibarrientos of the Research Grant Administration office at tel # 8567-2054 or email at email@example.com
Thank you for your continued interest in health research and development.