- Faculty/Research faculty, fulltime, part-time, with or without tenure,
- University researchers who have served UPM for at least two (2) years for attendance in
international conferences and at least one (1) year for local and foreign conferences
held in the Philippines;
- Clinical faculty and lecturers who have been teaching for the last 5 years, carrying 6 units per semester and not appointed as regular faculty because of lack of items
Grant covers full or partial amount of round trip airfare (economy fare, most economical
cost), conference registration fee and hotel accommodation. The total amount of
funding support will vary and depend on the location of the event.
- Duly accomplished Application form endorsed by Department Chair and Dean or by
Institute Director and NIH Executive Director.
- Letter of invitation which reflects acceptance of paper, all entitlements and affiliation with
- Registration of research/study with the Research Grants and Administration Office
- Ethics approval of research protocol from the UP Manila Research Ethics Board (UPMREB) for researches involving human participants
- Approval of research/study from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research (OVCR) • Abstract which reflects UP Manila affiliation
- Poster presentation shall include “Poster Guidelines” which include other activities
besides the poster presentation (i.e. presentation during poster visitation times, minipresentation with discussion)
- Other source of funds for conferences is strongly encouraged and should be declared
- Document which reflects the cost of registration
- At least 3 quotations for airfare and hotel accommodation
- If previous recipient of grant, faculty/research faculty/university researcher must have
submitted reports and receipts; has submitted paper for publication/has published
paper; and has shown proof that s/he has echoed what was learned to colleagues in
Step 1: Register the original research from which the paper was based with RGAO at http://rgao.upm.edu.ph/registration
Step 2: Submit the signed hard copy of the application form to RGAO
Step 3: RGAO will forward it to the department for Department Chair’s endorsement
Step 4: Department will forward it to the Dean for second endorsement
Step 5: Application form will be returned to RGAO for VCR’s endorsement
Step 6: RGAO will forward it to the Chancellor for final endorsement
Step 7: Once signed, RGAO submit application to OVPAA. A scanned copy of the submitted form and submission receipt will be emailed to the applicant.
Step 8: RGAO will monitor it and notify applicant once approved.
Check will be addressed to faculty involved. The currency of funds to be given will be in Philippine Peso. 100 % upon approval, prior to conference
Responsibilities after Fund-Grant:
- Submission of report, including receipts, copy of program, abstract as printed in 5 program and copy of poster/powerpoint with name of presentor and title
- Liquidation of expenses, including official receipts, boarding passes, etc.
- Publication of paper
- Echo to unit/department