We are pleased to announce that research proposals for funding for calendar year 2019 are now being accepted by the Office of the Executive Director, National Institutes of Health.
The priority areas for research are based on the NUHRA 2017-2022, as follows:
- Responsive health systems: Health governance, health financing, access to essential medical products/vaccines and technologies, health information systems, health service delivery, health human resources, health economics, health research management
- Research to enhance and extend healthy lives: adolescent health, communicable diseases, environmental health, maternal, newborn and child health, mental health, non-communicable diseases, nutrition, oral health, reproductive health
- Holistic approaches to health and wellness: Filipino traditional and complementary medicine, determinants of health, halal in health, health behaviors
- Health resiliency: accidents and injuries, climate change, disaster risk reduction and health emergencies, emerging and re-emerging diseases, environmental threats to health, occupational health and migration.
- Global competitiveness and innovation in health: diagnostics, drug discovery and development, functional foods, information and communication technologies for health, biomedical products and engineering, OMIC technologies
- Research in equity and health: disability, gender, geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas (GIDA), geriatric case, HIV/AIDS and other Sexually Transmitted Infections (STls), indigenous peoples, substance abuse, violence, other vulnerable populations
The research proposals from these projects should aim for publication in an ISI or peer reviewed journal.
Please submit your full protocol on or before 30 April 2019 using the prescribed form (Form
3.1 (A) 2010 Research Project Proposal Format which may be requested from the Research Grants Administration Office (RGAO), UP Manila.
Proposals from researchers with outstanding obligations related to their previous NIH research projects will not be accepted.
For inquiry, please coordinate with Ms. lonee lbarrientos at firstname.lastname@example.org.